Vegan Cranberry-Orange-Oatmeal Cookies
These vegan holiday cookies are the ones you’ll turn to again and again—whether you live a vegan lifestyle or not. Almond milk and coconut oil step in for the eggs and butter, while dried cranberries, orange zest and pecans step up to bring out some of the best flavors of Christmas in these oatmeal cookies.MORE+LESS-
Updated November 13, 2018
cup refined coconut oil, melted
cup vegan granulated sugar
cup packed vegan brown sugar
cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
teaspoon grated orange zest
cups old-fashioned oats
cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
cup dried cranberries
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix coconut oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in almond milk, vanilla and orange zest.
Stir in oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until dough forms. Stir in pecans and cranberries. Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and tops look set. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely. Store in tightly covered container.
- Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Coconut oil comes in two varieties: virgin and refined. Virgin coconut oil is made using a cold press process and retains more coconut flavor. Refined oil is more processed and is odorless and flavor-free.
- Melt your coconut oil after you measure it.
- Walnuts can be substituted for the pecans in this cookie recipe.
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 2 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- Quick-cooking oats can be substituted for the old-fashioned oats that this recipe calls for.